
The Walk
Trees reach up
to wave your praise.
Birds fly high
to sing of your splendor.
I am constant
waiting
to hear your voice.
Unaware that
the laughter of your peoples,
the sweet songs of your birds,
the gentle whisper
and hush of your calming breeze
are your voice singing over my walk.
The scent of wood burning
and pipes
and grass.
The color that's
just the right shade of sky
sings as it grazes
just the right shade of grass.
These are all ways
that you are speaking
and ways
that you want to be heard.
Be still my life
and my wrestling spirit
to hear the God of all Creation
whispering poems and melodies
to His daughter.
~kwinnym~
There is Freedom
We are all slaves
passions, desires, appetites
wide is the road to our graves
Where is freedom?
Where has she fled?
Is freedom's desire
for slaves to be dead?
Continual doubt
where did we lose our hope?
There is no such thing as freedom we say
it's how we've learned to cope.
What is this now?
It allows me to breathe.
Freedom's power
has me down on my knees.
I can see it, taste it
I can breathe and stand
on Rock oh so solid
Freedom and I walk hand in hand.
~kwinnym~
No comments:
Post a Comment