This weekend Jackie and I are driving back to Carlisle to do a photo shoot for Steph. She and her brother are being deployed to Iraq at the end of the month and she's having a farewell ball of sorts. It should be interesting seeing as I have never been to a ball. : ) I'm really excited that she's asked me to photograph, though, and I'm excited to take Jackie out on the town where I grew up. It makes me happy that I can take her to places like the Hamilton and have her try their famous Hotchie Dogs. I'm looking forward to taking her to George's for a cheeseburg sub and to Kim's for Sunday morning breakfast with my dad. At 8 am. She's going to be SO happy about that. HAH! My favorite moment will be taking her to The Clothes Vine. I think she'll really dig the hats and accessories there for SURE. And, of course, we'll have much fun partying. The Gingerbread Man (big bar in Carlizzle) is right around the corner from the hotel we'll be staying in. SO excited!!! : )
The place where Steph is having her ball/party/extravaganza is actually an art gallery, but there won't be any art on the walls for her event, so she wants me (and Jackie) to hang out paintings!!! She's so good to me. I'm really excited for this week and to lay back and have FUN IN CARLISLE. Woot!
Not a single college friend has ever come home with me for anything, so this is really really special to me. And I have all the confidence in the world that Charlie will make it there and back just fine. wooo.
Today, in painting, I went to town on three canvases. I've decided to do abstracted figures, mainly of my friend Meggi. She's modeling for me on Friday, so I just laid out the background today. It feels so relaxing to paint again, and it actually feels like a mega relief to not have photo. I mean, I LOVE photo, but the pressures of photo are too much for me sometimes. Fibers, Printmaking, and Painting...I think it'll be such a nice, relaxing, successful semester.
The snow is so beautiful, but I think I'm ready for a little break from it. I got new wipers today though, so bring on the weather! ; )
No comments:
Post a Comment