Carlisle this weekend was AMAZINGGGGGGGGGG. It took Jackie and I 5 hours to get there (CRIPES!) but we finally arrived safe and sound and checked into our hotel. I did GOOD picking out our hotel. The Residence Inn Marriot. If you ever get a chance to stay in one - DO IT! We had a kitchen in our hotel room, the room was huge, very comfy AND (here's the kicker!) we had an indoor heated pool and jacuzzi that was open 24 hours. SAH - WEET. Yea, I know.
After our arrival and a pretty long jumping on the hotel bed sesh, Steph came and picked us up and took us to the Middlesex dinner. Then we went back to her house for a drink and a movie. We quickly went back to the hotel to sleeeeep once we left her place. We had a huge day ahead of us.
On Sunday, we went to the Marketcross Pub-which is one of the best restaurants/pubs I've ever been to. A huge selection of beers and some really amazing and authentic English food. Yum. Jackie was in heaven with her Brie sandwich and her Strongbow. Love it. Then we met up with my parents for a second and followed Steph to Harrisburg for the inevitable farewell party. The party was at the Appalachian Brewing Company. What a great space, seriously. It was a huge abandoned warehouse turned brewery and was exposed brick inside and out. The party was on the second floor in the room called "The Gallery". Jackie and I hung our paintings and proceeded to take lots and lots of photographs. I was really excited to get so much positive feedback on my paintings, and love in the room was so thick. We were all there for something pretty tragic, but were glad to be with friends one last time. Steph's parents rented a virtual keg, so we all drank and ate very well. The food served was impeccable as was the night. Towards the end, the manager of the gallery came up and was giving me praise for my paintings. He asked me profusely to leave my paintings there. I was a bit apprehensive, because Jackie and I were leaving the next day to come back to Western PA, so he told me to take them down but to leave my contact info because he wanted to set me up with a show this summer! Eek!!!!!! He also mentioned some other gallery in downtown Harrisburg that would like my work too. Thinking about this just blows my mind. I was so excited I drank myself silly the rest of the night. Jackie and I then drove back to the hotel and swam for probably 4 hours. It was fabulous.
Monday was another adventure. We got up and checked out of our fabulous hotel. We then went to the Hamilton for a hotchy dog and then to George's for a cheeseburg sub. Both of which I HAVE to eat when I come back home and both of which Jackie LOVED. She raved about the food for hours, which makes me happy because those are foods that mean a lot to me. hah. Anyways, then we hit up The Clothes Vine, Whistelstop Bookshop, and some other shops downtown. We made out like bandits, saw my parents one last time, and hung out with Steph.
It's crazy to think that I won't be able to talk to my best friend again for over a year. I hope hope HOPE that she takes care of herself in Iraq and comes back to us in one piece and happy.
It only took us 4 hours to get back from Carlisle, thank goodness the roads were SO much better. It was still disheartening to see all the snow once we got closer to Grove City. Boo! I want my 40 degrees back. HAH! : )
Jackie and I both contracted a 24 hours stomach bug...but are better now.
What a greaaaaaaaaaaat weekend! And Obama's officially president now, WEEEEEEE! : )
~Can't wait for the superbowl!!!~
No comments:
Post a Comment